The Piaśnica Museum in Wejherowo was established on 16 December 2015. The seat of the institution is to be ultimately a pre-war villa in Wejherowo (currently named Villa Musica). During World War II the building was the local headquarters of Gestapo and the place from where executions in the forests near Piaśnica Wielka were supervised. As the building requires heavy repair and conversion to make it suitable for museum activities, currently the Museum office is situated in Wejherowo, at 11/2 Św. Jacka St.
Currently works are underway aimed at preparation of a concept of the narrative master plan for a permanent exhibition at the Piaśnica Museum, on the basis of which an exhibition scenario is to be prepared.
An integral part of the Museum activities is academic work. The institution has initiated extensive preliminary research in foreign archives, expected to reveal new facts related to the massacre in Piaśnica.
The activities of the Museum will contain references to the role of cultural salon performed by the villa before World War II. The building was erected in 1926 by Franciszek Panek, a renowned and highly regarded doctor who served as the first chairman of the Town Council in Wejherowo after Poland regained independence. Franciszek Panek’s daughters, teachers Stanisława Pankówna and Kazimiera Pankówna, were murdered in Piaśnica.